Waterloo Region – The Waterloo Accelerator Centre (AC) announced yesterday it has handed out $25,000 in JumpStart funding to seven young companies, following a highly competitive pitch competition held at the AC’s Waterloo facility.
Twelve finalists pitched their company’s story for 5-minutes each before a panel of expert judges, including
- Dave Caputo, CEO of Sandvine
- Chris Howlett, Technology Mentor at the Waterloo Accelerator Centre
- Steve McCartney, VP Startup Services at Communitech
- Tim Ellis, CEO of the Waterloo Accelerator Centre
The seven JumpStart winners are:
· USB Hub – a company designing the world’s best USB Hub
· SoundBrush (www.getsoundbrush.com) – a tech-based company that promises to revolutionize the way people create and discover music.
· TrendyMED (www.trendymed.com)- a medical devices company developing a ground-breaking line of intravenous (IV) infusion products.
· SciGit (www.scigit.com) – a Waterloo-based company whose collaboration software is used by over a hundred institutions.
· Concertninja (www.concertninja.com) – a platform for live music fans to crowd fund events in their city. Think KickStarter, but for concerts.
· Kite (www.runkite.com) – a productivity tool that accelerates building web applications.
· Milao Language (www.milaolanguage.com) – a Waterloo based educational technology start-up that will radically change the way people learn a new language.
See on www.exchangemagazine.com